Malacañang steps in to address power woe in Negros & Panay

[post-views]
Facebook
Twitter
Email

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. announced on Sunday that the national government would step in to address the power outages caused by distribution system problems in Negros and Panay islands.

In an interview with the media onboard Flight PR 001, he pointed out that Negros had a surplus of power supply, however, the distribution system’s high-tension wire caused power outages. Guimaras, Panay, and Negros continue to experience a series of power outages since last week.

If the responsible parties cannot handle the problem, the government will assist, the President said.

“Kung hindi kaya ng mga gumagawa, maybe the government na lang will be the one,” he said.

“We’ll augment. Ganun na lang. Kasi kulang eh.”

He also noted that the government is managing the country’s water and power consumption as they are closely related. The administration earlier acted swiftly on the power crisis in Occidental Mindoro by operating at least three power stations to provide 24-hour electricity service in the province.

The National Electrification Administration (NEA) reported to Malacanang on April 28 that NEA chief Antonio Mariano Almeda and Luis Manuel Banzon, the owner of the Occidental Mindoro Consolidated Power Corporation (OMCPC), met last April 27 to discuss possible measures to remedy the current power crisis. The two parties agreed to run the three power stations of OMCPC to address the current power supply concerns of the province.

MORE STORIES

error: