Despite of the recent order coming from Malacañang that no traveler will be required to undergo swab test and quarantine upon return, the provincial government said that it will continue to swab and quarantine passengers arriving by air and sea this March.
As of today, March 1, the executive order issued by Gov. Eugenio Lacson requiring mandatory swab test has not been revoke, hence, it remains in effect the capitol said.
Provicial Administrator Atty. Rayfrando Diaz stressed that the order of Lacson was in effect even prior to the guidelines that was recently released by the National Inter-Agency Task Force.
Meanwhile, the local government of Bacolod through City Administrator Em Ang said that the city will continue to require Bacolod-bound passengers to present a negative-RT PCR test upon arrival. But Ang said that as previously approved by the city, all returning passengers will no longer be required to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine.
In its Resolution 101 released by NIATF, it said testing shall not be mandatory for traveler except if the receiving local government (province with respect to their municipalities and component cities, and highly urbanized cities [HUCs] and independent component cities [ICCs]) will require testing as a requirement prior to travel, and such shall be limited to RT-PCR.
The latest resolution also states that no traveler shall be required to undergo quarantine unless they exhibit symptoms upon arrival at the LGU of destination. It also removed the requirement for Travel Authority issued by Joint Task Force COVID Shield and health certificates.