Seventy-nine employees of Casino Filipino in Bacolod City were confirmed to have tested positive of the COVID-19 after they underwent a swab test.
The gaming and entertainment shop was forced to shutdown its operations Saturday after netizens air their concerns that despite of surge in cases within the establishment its business establishment was not ordered closed.
The Casino Filipino is situated within L’ Fisher Hotel along Lacson Street, but it has separate entrance from the main hotel.
According to the management, a total of 360 employees, including its third-party workers were tested against the corona virus.
In a statement, Casino said its has temporarily ceased its operation last June 12 up until June 18 to conduct a thorough disinfection and sanitation of its premises.
The city through the Emergency Operations Center said that it is currently reviewing the logs of all the identified close contacts and has asked the management of Casino to submitted their log books covering entries from June 8 until it closed.
The city discovered that Casino was not implementing the BacTrac system lately because of a problem with there scanning device.
Last week lawyer Jocelle Batapa-Sigue said that a workplace in Bacolod has more than 50 cases of COVID-19. The problem is the head still insists that the case are “community-acquired”and not due to exposure in the workplace.
Batapa did not name this workplace, but she added, “if this affects anyone which is related to me – we will take legal means. The case may not prosper but it will at least inform your customers of your baseless assumptions, and exercise precaution in dealing with you.”
[this article was updated to reflect the latest statement issued by Casino Filipino Bacolod that its establishment will remain closed until June 18]