The Social Security System will start accepting application for calamity loan from their members that were affected by Typhoon Odette as declared by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
In a statement, SSS said members in MIMAROPA, Western Visayas, Central Visayas, Eastern Visayas, Northern Mindanao, and CARAGA, as well as other areas that may be declared by the NDRRMC to be under the state of calamity due to typhoon, can avail of the SSS Calamity Assistance Package.
Under the CLAP, qualified members can avail of a loan amount equivalent to one month salary credit (MSC) computed based the average of their last 12 monthly salary credits (MSCs) rounded up to the nearest thousand or the amount they applied for, whichever is lower.
To qualify, affected members must meet the following requirements:
- Have a My.SSS account at www.sss.gov.ph;
- Have at least 36 monthly contributions, six of which should be posted within the last 12 months before the month of filing of application;
- A resident of a calamity-stricken area declared by the NDRRMC and suffered damage or loss to their properties due to Typhoon Odette;
- Have not been granted any final benefit such as permanent total disability or retirement;
- Have no outstanding Loan Restructuring Program (LRP) or CLAP; and
- If employed, the member’s employer must certify the CLAP application through online My.SSS facility.
Interested members can apply for CLAP using their respective My.SSS account.
Approved loan proceeds will be credited to member-borrower’s account through the members’ registered Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) – Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Card, their active accounts with a Philippine Electronic Fund Transfer System and Operations Network (PESONet) participating bank, or their Union Bank of the Philippines (UBP) Quick Cards registered in the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module (DAEM), which can be found on their My.SSS accounts.
The loan is payable in equal monthly installments for 24 months or two years. It has an interest rate of 10% per annum, and the service fee of 1% of loan amount is already waived.
The first loan amortization will start in the second month following the date of the approval of the loan. For example, their loan was approved on January 21, 2022. They will start paying their loan amortization by March 2022. On the other hand, the loan’s payment deadline is every last day of the month following the applicable month, but in case it falls on a weekend or holiday, payment may be made on the next working day. Late payments will incur a 1% penalty per month.