COVID positive couple from Pontevedra misdeclared origin

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

The provincial government found out that the Pontevedra couple who tested positive of COVID-19 has misdeclared their point of origin when they returned in the province last January 16.

According to Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz the couple failed to declare their point of origin and instead tagged themselves as Locally Stranded Individuals when they boarded an Air Asia flight over the weekend. Diaz said that the couple, together with their son, previously attempted to board an Air Asia flight to Bacolod last January 2, but were barred by the airlines because of their country of origin.

Gov. Eugenio Lacson said the couple are currently on home quarantine while the provincial government awaits confirmation from the Philippine Genome Center if the 2 are positive of the UK variant. The decision to placed the 2 under home quarantine according to Lacson is a precautionary measure to avoid the possible spread of the new variant.

Meanwhile, their son tested negative according to Diaz.

Based on the travel history released by Pontevedra COVID-19 Task Force, the couple left London last December 30 via Instabul and arrived in Manila last December 31. They were immediately tested as part of the mandatory government protocol and tested negative.

MORE STORIES

error: