Bacolod City, Negros Occidental— Former Bacolod City councilor and lawyer Caesar Distrito confirmed today, September 15, that he is being treated in one of the city’s hospitals after he tested positive of the deadly corona disease.
Distrito in a Facebook post said that he tested positive of the virus last September 12, after exhibiting COVID-like symptoms such as cough & fever over a week ago. But the 45-year-old lawyer, and son of incumbent City Councilor Simple Distrito, was only admitted to the hospital yesterday, September 14. Distrito, like many others who are suffering from the virus and wish to be admitted, had to be on the waiting list for two days as major hospitals in the city had reached their maximum bed capacity for COVID cases.
Distrito said that he is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, however, because he is considered to have comorbidities his physicians recommended for his admission. He is currently undergoing a Remdesivir treatment, which cost P10,000 per vial, according to COVID patients who underwent the same treatment.
Based on his X-ray result, Distrito confirmed that he has Pneumonia, but thankful that he is not experiencing any difficult in breathing. He added what he’s experiencing now is not even half of what his brother, Rosinie, went through last year after the latter tested positive of the virus and was on hospital care.
Rosinie who is the current barangay chairman of Singcang-Airport and his wife Jade were also hospitalized last year after both were infected of COVID-19.