The City of Bacolod of Bacolod will remain under Alert Level 4 effective today, November 1, pending approval of the request of Mayor Evelio Leonardia to downgrade the city’s COVID-19 alert level.
Pointing out that COVID-19 cases are decreasing the last two consecutive weeks, the mayor appealed to Inter-Agency Task Force head and Health Secretary Francisco Duque III to downgrade the city’s alert level to just level 3.
Leonardia further cited the DOH Region 6 situational report clearly indicating that the total bed utilization and ICU utilization rates in private and regional hospitals are also on the decline.
Pending approval of his appeal, the city is forced to limit the movement of those below 18 years old, those who are over 65 of age, those with immunodeficiencies, comorbidities, or other health risks, and pregnant women; provided, that they be allowed access to obtain essential goods and services, or for work in permitted industries and offices.
The following businesses are also barred from conducting further business.
- Indoor visitor or tourist attractions, libraries, archives, museums, galleries, and cultural shows and exhibits;
- Indoor venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, events (MICE);
- Indoor entertainment venues such as cinemas, and venues with live performers such as karaoke bars, bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters;
- Outdoor and indoor amusement parks or theme parks, funfairs/peryas, kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playrooms, and kiddie rides;
- Indoor recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, and similar venues;
- Indoor limited face to face or in-person classes, examinations, and other education-related activities at all levels, except those previously approved by the IATF and/or of the Office of the President;
- Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President;
- Social events such as but not limited to concerts and parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers, parades, processions, motorcades, and gatherings at residences with any person outside of one’s immediate household;
- Indoor sports courts or venues, fitness studios, gyms, spas or other indoor leisure centers or facilities, and swimming pools;
- All contact sports, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup as provided for under relevant guidelines adopted by the IATF, and approved by the LGU where such games shall be held;
- Personal care services, which include medical aesthetic clinics, cosmetic or derma clinics, make-up salons, reflexology, aesthetics, wellness, and holistic centers, and other similar establishments; acupuncture and electrocautery establishments, and massage therapy including sports therapy establishments. It also includes establishments providing tanning services, body piercings, tattooing, and similar services. Home service for these activities are likewise not permitted
Home service for these activities are likewise not permitted.
Intrazonal and interzonal travel for persons not otherwise required to remain at their residences may be allowed subject to the reasonable regulations of the LGU of destination.
But the city has not issued a localized guidelines in relation to the current alert level.