Bacolod new COVID cases hit 130

Facebook
Twitter
Email

Bacolod City, Negros Occidental— The Department of Health recorded 130 new cases of COVID-19 for Bacolod City, yesterday, September 9.

This is the first time that the recorded cases in Bacolod surged to 3-digit figures after the city had seen a slow down in the rate of COVID-19 infections.

In a statement, Mayor Evelio Leonardia said: “This development should serve as a reminder to all of us: we should not let our guard down and be complacent just because there was a downtrend of infections for close to two months.”

The mayor reiterated that the city will continue to be in a roller-coaster ride as long as this pandemic continues and reminded again the public, vaccinated or unvaccinated, to remain compliant with the minimum health protocols- wearing of face mask all the time, and face shield when necessary; avoiding crowded places and staying long in closed venues; observing physical distancing and disinfecting, among others.

Relative to this, the mayor said that the Bacolod City Police Office had been directed to assist in tightening the implementation of minimum health protocols, monitor compliance of the curfew hours as stipulated in his latest Executive Order defining the rules under the GCQ-HR, including the operations of business establishments as well as compliance to the liquor ban.

The city will remain under GCQ-HR until end of September per latest quarantine guidelines released by Malacañang.

MORE STORIES

error: